What is Dual Diagnosis?
For those struggling with bipolar disorder, there are two sides of their recovery they must be conscious of; their sobriety/recovery and their mental condition. One usually can’t exist stably without the other. Both must be treated accordingly and it’s very important that patients with co-occurring conditions try to seek professional help for both. This means participating in an integrative drug and alcohol treatment program that specializes in treating patients with dual diagnosis.
Dual Diagnosis Helpline
If you or a loved one struggles with dual diagnosis and is in need of treatment, please call the California Dual Diagnosis Helpline at 855-980-1736. A representative will assist you and help you find the right dual diagnosis treatment in your area
If you or a loved one has an issue with addiction, your problem may extend further than substance abuse. Please call us for help on this matter and we will give you guidance on how to treat this problem.
- Marijuana effects dictated by brain region
- Adolescents with mental illnesses are at greater risk of long-term opioid use, says study
- Addiction: The cause and result of troubled family relationships
- Knowing the science behind addiction useful in helping loved ones overcome substance abuse
- Misdiagnosis bars dual diagnosis patients from receiving psychiatric help