Many people often wonder why alcoholism is termed as a psychological problem when chronic drinking often leads to high mortality mainly due to organ failures. Considering the occurrence and effects of alcoholism, it will be correct to say that alcoholism has elements of both mental and physical disorder. Read more
If you or a loved one has an issue with addiction, your problem may extend further than substance abuse. Please call us for help on this matter and we will give you guidance on how to treat this problem.
- Adolescents with mental illnesses are at greater risk of long-term opioid use, says study
- Addiction: The cause and result of troubled family relationships
- Knowing the science behind addiction useful in helping loved ones overcome substance abuse
- Misdiagnosis bars dual diagnosis patients from receiving psychiatric help
- Addiction is not a choice, but your choices may lead to it