Although the connection between mental disorders and substance abuse is growing in awareness, few sources have specified which disorders are particularly risky for certain forms of drug misuse. Clearly defining the pathways of pathology is an important step in improving prevention strategies for the future. Recent research helps detail the current landscape of dual diagnosis.
http://www.californiadualdiagnosishelpline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/disorders-higher-potential-for-abuse.jpg 427 640 CDDH Team http://californiadualdiagnosishelpline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/cddh_logo1.png CDDH Team2015-09-02 19:23:372015-09-02 19:24:23Mental disorders that have a higher potential for substance abuse
If you or a loved one has an issue with addiction, your problem may extend further than substance abuse. Please call us for help on this matter and we will give you guidance on how to treat this problem.
- Marijuana effects dictated by brain region
- Adolescents with mental illnesses are at greater risk of long-term opioid use, says study
- Addiction: The cause and result of troubled family relationships
- Knowing the science behind addiction useful in helping loved ones overcome substance abuse
- Misdiagnosis bars dual diagnosis patients from receiving psychiatric help