All types of substances can have powerful, adverse effects on health and behavior. Emergencies specifically related to drug or alcohol use usually result from people having too much or too little of the chemical agent in their system. Regardless of the emergency, there are some important steps one can take to keep a victim alive until professionals arrive at the scene. Read more
Although the origin of a seizure can come from a wide range of sources, its symptomatic features are distinct. Learning to distinguish this critical condition is the first step to treating it, along with a set of lifesaving procedures. Read more
Having significantly low levels of blood sugar is a condition classified as hypoglycemia, but is also commonly called low blood glucose, insulin reaction or insulin shock. Although individuals with diabetes are more at risk for this medical condition, having the knowledge to intervene if it happens to you or someone close to you can determine if that person lives to see another day. Critical steps for on-the-spot treatment include recognizing hypoglycemia and administering a dose of either sugar or glucagon, a medical alternative.
If you or a loved one has an issue with addiction, your problem may extend further than substance abuse. Please call us for help on this matter and we will give you guidance on how to treat this problem.
- Marijuana effects dictated by brain region
- Adolescents with mental illnesses are at greater risk of long-term opioid use, says study
- Addiction: The cause and result of troubled family relationships
- Knowing the science behind addiction useful in helping loved ones overcome substance abuse
- Misdiagnosis bars dual diagnosis patients from receiving psychiatric help