In the modern world, there are a number of different health professionals that specialize in mental health services. While this wide variety may be accommodating in a certain sense, a sizeable portion of people report that the various selections can be overwhelming and confusing. Certain professionals focus on specific aspects of mental treatment and each also has a varying level of education and certification. These positions include: Read more
Self-medication is the action of treating one’s pre-existing and distressing problems with a substance he or she deems effective. In most cases, self-medication is done through the use of damaging substances ranging from alcohol and marijuana to cocaine and heroin. While these substances may lessen or mask symptoms, their effects are only temporary and will only end up worsening the condition along with causing additional problems later on. Read more
If you or a loved one has an issue with addiction, your problem may extend further than substance abuse. Please call us for help on this matter and we will give you guidance on how to treat this problem.
- Marijuana effects dictated by brain region
- Adolescents with mental illnesses are at greater risk of long-term opioid use, says study
- Addiction: The cause and result of troubled family relationships
- Knowing the science behind addiction useful in helping loved ones overcome substance abuse
- Misdiagnosis bars dual diagnosis patients from receiving psychiatric help