Drug abuse has surged rapidly over the years destroying millions of lives across the world. It not only affects the person addicted to drugs but his or her family and loved ones as well. According to a 2013 report of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), an estimated 246 million people, aged 15 to 64 years, have used an illicit drug. Read more
Cognitive behavioral therapy is a practice that incorporates thoughts, emotions and behaviors into the psychological healing process. While this conceptual framework takes a lot of different factors into account, therapy sessions are still structured with incremental and overall goals in mind. To help therapists and clients maintain this structure, CBT also adheres to a system known as the ABC model in order to identify where specific problems lie. Read more
There are various signs of an oncoming heart attack and multiple steps one can take to remedy it if it occurs. Medical databases such as the Office of Emergency Management at Tufts University, the Mayo Clinic and the U.S. National Library of Medicine all offer a wide range of details about this cardiovascular ailment. Learning this key information can help save a life.
If you or a loved one has an issue with addiction, your problem may extend further than substance abuse. Please call us for help on this matter and we will give you guidance on how to treat this problem.
- Marijuana effects dictated by brain region
- Adolescents with mental illnesses are at greater risk of long-term opioid use, says study
- Addiction: The cause and result of troubled family relationships
- Knowing the science behind addiction useful in helping loved ones overcome substance abuse
- Misdiagnosis bars dual diagnosis patients from receiving psychiatric help