A 55-year-old man running naked in the streets and yelling obscenities may not be under the influence of any substance, but actually be suffering from a dementia that affects the frontal lobes of the brain, known as frontotemporal dementia (FTD). Read more
If you or a loved one has an issue with addiction, your problem may extend further than substance abuse. Please call us for help on this matter and we will give you guidance on how to treat this problem.
- Adolescents with mental illnesses are at greater risk of long-term opioid use, says study
- Addiction: The cause and result of troubled family relationships
- Knowing the science behind addiction useful in helping loved ones overcome substance abuse
- Misdiagnosis bars dual diagnosis patients from receiving psychiatric help
- Addiction is not a choice, but your choices may lead to it