Cigarette smoking and misuse of substances by young adults in the United States is a big concern. Adolescence is marked by curiosity to try out new things and adopt new habits. Unbridled use of substances during this stage increases the risk of dependence, leading to addiction. According to a study conducted five years ago, adolescent bipolar disorder is associated with the greater risk of cigarette smoking and substance use disorder.
If you or a loved one has an issue with addiction, your problem may extend further than substance abuse. Please call us for help on this matter and we will give you guidance on how to treat this problem.
- Adolescents with mental illnesses are at greater risk of long-term opioid use, says study
- Addiction: The cause and result of troubled family relationships
- Knowing the science behind addiction useful in helping loved ones overcome substance abuse
- Misdiagnosis bars dual diagnosis patients from receiving psychiatric help
- Addiction is not a choice, but your choices may lead to it